Since the year 2005, Institut Teknologi Bandung has initiated its internationalization strategy in order to strengthen the international dimension of all programs. The past few years have seen the swift expansion of international cooperation with other universities abroad in education as well as research programs.
The School of Architecture, Planning and Policy Development has given a high priority to the internationalization of study program, motivated by the need for academic staff and students to acquire knowledge and competences that would assist them internationally.
The School has extensive links and exchange agreements with a number of leading universities world wide. Our strategic partners abroad include:
- England: Cranfield University
- Germany: University of Applied Sciences Erfurt, Giessen University
- The Netherlands: The Royal University of Groningen, ITC
- Canada: Toronto University
- Japan: Kobe University, Keio University, Ritsumeikan University, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), Yamaguchi University, Miyazaki University
Staff and students exchanges, international double degree master programs, collaborative studios and workshops etc. contribute to the international dimension of programs as well as the international qualifications of students.
The School also maintains close links with the appropriate professional institutes in the country and abroad, each of which recognizes academic qualifications awarded by the School. They include:
- Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia (IAI), Asosiasi Pendidikan Tinggi Arsitektur Indonesia (APTARI), American Collegiate School of Architecture (ACSA)
- Ikatan Ahli Perencana Indonesia (IAP), Regional Science Association, American Planning Association (APA), Asean Planning School Association.